Mei 3, 2023: The resolution of the RM2 billion wealth claim of Jamaluddin Jarjis is known this evening.
KUALA LUMPUR: The status of the settlement case involving a more than RM2 billion inheritance claim filed by the late Tan Sri Dr. Jamaludin Jarjis’ widow, Puan Sri Dr. Kalsom Ismail, against her four children and her mother-in-law, will be known at 2:30 p.m. today.
Kalsom’s four children are Ikwan Hafiz, Nur Anis, Nurul Alyaa, and Noor Adilla, while her mother-in-law, Aminah Abdullah, 89, is listed as the first to fifth defendants.
In the case, Kalsom filed for a shared inheritance claim, including 20 properties in Malaysia, the United States, and Saudi Arabia, as well as shares in several local companies.
Sharia lawyer Nur Hidayah A Bakar, representing Aminah, stated that the status was initially expected to be known yesterday, but was postponed due to Kalsom’s main lawyer, Datuk Sulaiman Abdullah, being unable to attend the proceedings due to a meeting at the Shariah Judiciary Department in Putrajaya.
“Puan Sri (Kalsom as the plaintiff) requested Sulaiman to inform about the settlement status.
“The involved lawyer was unable to attend before the court requested all parties to be present at 2:30 p.m. today to inform about the status in a closed proceeding.
“If no agreement is reached, we will request the court to set a trial date,” she said after the proceeding before Sharia High Court Judge Abdul Shukor Abd Hamid, yesterday.
The widow of the late Tan Sri Jamaludin Jarjis, Puan Sri Kalsom Ismail (center), attended the court for proceedings on the discussion status of the more than RM2 billion inheritance claim case she filed against her four children and mother-in-law at the Sharia High Court, yesterday.
Earlier, sharia lawyer Nor Husniah Husi, representing Kalsom, requested the hearing to be held in closed session during the proceeding.
This request was made before the lawyer informed the court that a letter had been sent to the court on April 18 to postpone today’s case as Sulaiman needed to attend a meeting in Putrajaya.
“We believe the best person for the court to receive confirmation of the settlement status is Sulaiman, and that’s why we requested the postponement,” she said.
Kalsom, 67, filed a shared inheritance claim against assets including 20 properties in Malaysia, Makkah, and several companies in October 2018, naming her four children and Aminah as defendants.
On August 28 last year, the court allowed Kalsom’s application to amend the claim statement, including removing the word “property” in Boston, United States from the claim statement.
On April 4, 2015, Jamaludin, who was also the former Malaysian Ambassador to the United States, was 64 years old at the time, along with five others, died when the helicopter they were traveling in from Pekan, Pahang to Kuala Lumpur crashed in a rubber plantation area in Kampung Sungai Pening, Semenyih at 4:55 p.m.
Also killed were his pilot, Captain Clifford William Fournier; Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s Private Secretary, Datuk Seri Azlin Alias; businessman Datuk Tan Huat Seang; Jamaludin’s Personal Officer, Razakan Seran; and a woman known as Aidana Baizieva.
- 5 Reasons Why AIA Group Medical Takaful is Essential for Companies – (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-reasons-why-aia-group-medical-takaful-essential-companies)
- AIA Takaful Group Hospitalization Term Benefits – (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aia-takaful-group-hospitalization-term-benefits-mig-advisory/)
- Benefits of AIA Takaful Group Hospitalization for Small and Medium Enterprises – (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/benefits-aia-takaful-group-hospitalization-small-medium-bakar/)
- Comprehensive Guide to AIA Takaful Group Medical and Hospitalizations – (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/comprehensive-guide-aia-takaful-group-medical-hospitalizations)
- 7 Reasons Why AIA Medical Card Comprehensive Health Takaful is the Best Medical Card in Malaysia 2023 – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/7-reasons-why-aia-medical-card-comprehensive-health-takaful-is-the-best-medical-card-in-malaysia-2023/)
- 8 Reasons Why You Need AIA Takaful Medical Card – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/8-reasons-why-you-need-aia-takaful-medical-card/)
- AIA GHS Takaful – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-ghs-takaful/)
- AIA Group Medical Takaful – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-group-medical-takaful/)
- AIA Medical Card Comprehensive Plan – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-medical-card-comprehensive-plan/)
- AIA Takaful Corporate Solutions – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-takaful-corporate-solutions/)
- AIA Takaful Group Hospitalization and AIA Takaful Group Term Benefits – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-takaful-group-hospitalization-and-aia-takaful-group-term-benefits/)
- AIA Takaful Group Medical – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-takaful-group-medical/)
- Benefits of AIA Takaful Group – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/benefits-of-aia-takaful-group/)
- Kebaikan Group Medical AIA – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/kebaikan-group-medical-aia/)
- The Benefits of AIA Takaful Group – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/the-benefits-of-aia-takaful-group/)
- Why You Need AIA Takaful Medical Card – (https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/why-you-need-aia-takaful-medical-card/)
- AIA Group Hospitalization and Surgical: Comprehensive Coverage and Benefits – (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aia-group-hospitalization-surgical-comprehensive-coverage)
- AIA Takaful Group Hospitalization Term Benefits – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aia-takaful-group-hospitalization-term-benefits-mig-advisory/
- Benefits of AIA Takaful Group Hospitalization for Small and Medium Enterprises – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/benefits-aia-takaful-group-hospitalization-small-medium-bakar/
- AIA Employee Benefits – https://www.aia.com.my/en/our-products/employee-benefits.html
- 5 Reasons Why AIA Group Medical Takaful is Essential for Companies in Malaysia – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-reasons-why-aia-group-medical-takaful-essential-companies-bakar/
- AIA CLAIM GUIDES – https://www.aia.com.my/en/help-support/claims-and-support/hospitalisation-corp.html
- AIA Total Corporate Solutions – https://www.aia.com.my/en/our-products/employee-benefits/total-corporate-solutions.html
- AIA Total SME Solution – https://www.aia.com.my/en/our-products/employee-benefits/total-sme-solutions.html
- AIA Mental Health Solution – https://www.aia.com.my/en/our-products/employee-benefits/mental-health-solutions.html
- The Benefits of AIA Takaful Group Hospitalization – https://www.majalah.com/?classified.the-benefits-of-aia-takaful-group-hospitalization-for-small-and-medium-enterprises-smes.GSC3JWXG9Z
- AIA Group Hospitalization and Surgical (GHS) Insurance for Companies and Organizations – https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/aia-group-hospitalization-and-surgical-2/
- Challenges Faced By High Net Worth Individuals in Managing Capital Statements and Tax Compliance – https://www.majalah.com/?classified.challenges-faced-by-high-net-worth-individuals-in-managing-capital-statements-and-tax.GTR3Y5LLN5
- Apa itu Penyata Modal atau Capital Statement – https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/penyata-modal-atau-capital-statement/
- Capital Statement From LHDN – https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/capital-statement-from-lhdn/
- High Net-Worth Individuals and Capital Statements for Tax in Malaysia – https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/capital-statement/
- Majalah.com – Capital Statement From Lhdn – https://www.majalah.com/?classified.capital-statement-from-lhdn.GTR3YF26BB
- Majalah.com – Apa Itu Penyata Modal atau Capital Statement – https://www.majalah.com/?classified.apa-itu-penyata-modal-atau-capital-statement.GTR3YJZWW5
- Medical Card AIA – https://perwarisanperniagaan.com/medical-card-aia/
- MMU Portal Berkaitan Perwarisan Perniagaan – https://alumni.mmu.edu.my/directory/pewarisan-perniagaan-business-succession-planning/